This is a sweet dish I love to have with some tea. It's a great treat that isn't overly sweet. Believe it or not, NO SUGAR. I use honey but no white or brown sugar. That's what keeps this treat from destroying your sweet tooth! It looks like a rustic yet fancy treat but it's not. It's super simple.
The ingredients are simple too!
1 Sheet Puff Pastry
2-3 Medium Apples (your choice of apple. I used Gala)
Cinnamon (to taste)
Egg white (optional)
- Defrost puff pastry and cut into 6 rectangles. Stretch just a little bit. Brush egg white on pastry if you want. It is not optional but it helps with giving it a nice golden hue and helps the cinnamon stick.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on the pastry focusing on the center where the apples will be placed.
- Slice apples (or chop if you'd like, I liked the look of the slices). Layer the slices on the pastry making sure to leave a border of pastry around the apples.
- Sprinkle a little more cinnamon if you'd like.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 mins. You'll smell the cinnamon and apples when it's close to done.
- Once done remove the treats and turn off the oven. Drizzle honey all over the treats making sure to really coat them. Place the tarts back into the oven for a few mins. This helps the honey melt some and work it's way down in between the apples and get a little sticky!
- Eat. Enjoy. Say Mhmmmmm.
What treats do you make with apples? Share your recipes below!